Sunday, March 21, 2010

Easter Outfit

here's my nathan in his easter outfit. i made the hat, the bowtie and his pants all using free tutorials i found on blogs. don't you just love that!

the pants are from MADE (a creative collection) w/out the kneepads as you see. i totally wanted to do the flat front pockets but forgot until after i had already sewn up the hem.

the bowtie is from something about katie.

and the newsboy cap is from clevergirl.

one other thing i *was* going to make was a pair of suspenders. i purchased a pattern from dainty couture, but ended up not going that route. i wanted nathan to still look like a little boy for now. he's growing up way too fast for me!

and lastly the fabric is robert kaufman's "MC plaid 80's". good luck trying to find any though! i had a tough time finding more than 1 yard at a time and had to get it from a few sources.

16 comments:

Katie said...

AWESOME! I LOVE the entire outfit AND the picture. I have to make the hat now! haha

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

super cute!

Antoinette said...

This is an adorable outfit! Great plaids, and great spring colors. Love that hat! ;)

Kaysi said...

so cute!!! the outfit and the little boy!!

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

Absolutely darling! I love to see great sewing projects for little boys. I'll have to check out all of the links you posted!

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

Absolutely darling! I love to see great sewing projects for little boys. I'll have to check out all of the links you posted!

Crafty Girls Workshop said...

Very cute! Thanks for visiting my blog and answering the silly questions. I'm glad you stopped by!

Anna

Jennifer said...

That hat makes me feel warm and fuzzy!!! I love it!! How adorable. Great job. He is a dapper little man.

Jen said...

What a cute outfit! And your model is adorable.

Melissa said...

That is way too cute!! I love it. I love how many good things can be found out there if one looks...you definitely made the most of it!!

Misty @Creative Itch said...

How cute!! I'm going to have to check out all those links!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!!

Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity said...

This is too cute. I love the hat! And I can't believe you made the whole outfit. Thanks for linking up. I hope you'll join me next week for Tot Tuesday!

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...

I LOVE this outfit!! Don't you just love the internet and getting inspiration from so many people?! And that little model is just perfect isn't he!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh he looks adorable! Love the whole outfit, but I think the hat is my favorite!

Its So Very Cheri said...

What an adorable outfit to fit an adorable little guy.

Cheri

Parker's Pad said...

Hey Kathryn...
Would you be intrested in duplicating this outfit for my little man? I can't get over how sweet it is. He's our miracle baby. Been through open heart surgery and now dealing with seizures! Please email me back at amywcraft@gmail.com
Thanks,
Amy