Sunday, September 19, 2010

Shower Curtain Ruffle

i love my dr seuss shower curtain i got last year. but it always bugged me that the top seemed not to be finished. i mean, they could have added clouds or a sun or something! so when i saw the tutorial for a ruffled shower curtain, i had to do it and spruce up my blah curtain. when i googled dr seuss fabric, robert kaufmans new collection popped up. but it said it wouldn't be ready until september!! so patiently i waited.... FOR 4 MONTHS! thankfully, when i finally ordered my fabric thru the fat quarter shop, they had very fast shipping and i got it 3 days later :) i love how it turned out!

this was also the first project i was brave enough to try my ruffler foot on. i BEGGED for months for it and finally got it for valentine's day and have yet to use it because it looks so intimidating! YIKES!

but it wasn't and i'm proud of myself :) ruffles everywhere, here i come!

3 comments:

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

That thing looks super scary! The shower curtain is adorable. I wish you were here to help me with the border on my blanket! That is all I have left to do.

Lisa said...

This is adorable! And I'm so jealous of your ruffler! I want one of those really badly!

Callie said...

Good job!I love my ruffler! I keep meaning to make a video tutorial for a friend who can sew circles around me but has had a ruffler for a year and it's still in the box.