Saturday, September 13, 2008

being domestic

i thought i would wrap up my week with my mom by asking her how to make a pie. i've never made one before and of course she was willing to show me :) since the fall season is coming up we chose an apple pie and a pumpkin pie.

here's our apple pie with crumb topping. i actually just
finished eating it with some ice cream and it was WONDERFUL!
all made from scratch from the flaky dough crust
to slicing and peeling and flavoring the apple filling.
MMMMMMM!!!!!

here we are finished and about to put the pumpkin pie in the oven. it probably won't be ready to eat until the morning and i'm so looking forward to breakfast now ;)
i love the coco's harvest pie which is a pumpkin filling with a pumpkin chiffon topping. i couldn't find that recipe online so if anyone knows how to make that one, feel free to email it to me!

tomorrow i head back home but will be counting down until my next visit when we want to make bread and jelly.

2 comments:

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

Those look soo yummy! I haven't written a blog yet, but I have pictures from my trip to utah at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rachel.keyser/UtahTripBabyShower#

The Smith Family said...

Yummy! By the way you look so cute pregnant.